I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Coconut Butter

Azure Standard. I saw Coconut Butter
About 3 1/2 years ago, I started ordering from, so thought, that sounds yummy and ordered some. My taste buds were not quite ready for that, lol. I tried it once or twice, and then it got tossed or given away.

I've come a long way, and coconut is a big staple of my cooking/baking and I appreciate it much more.

Yesterday, I made coconut butter! It's delicious and was super easy to make. It's amazing that something dry can go to something liquidy in just a few minutes! I used the Let's Do Organic! Shredded Coconut I had left, and added a little coconut oil. I did it in my magic bullet, because I really had very little coconut and just wanted to try it out. I'm not going to reinvent the wheel, however, so here's the blog post that I used. This would be a fun thing to do with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment