I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hot Pumpkin Pudding with Apples

For lunch, I made one of the last flank steaks we got from a grassfed cow, last year. We have another portion coming soon! I ate it with mayo and stone ground mustard, Ella ate hers with ketchup.

We don't normally eat apples with every meal, it's the end of the shopping section, and I'll be getting some more groceries tomorrow :)

I made this yesterday, and did it again today with some variations, turned out very well.



Hot Pumpkin Pudding:
1/2 can pumpkin puree
1/2 can 365 or A Taste of Thai Coconut Milk, shaken
1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (I'm out, so I threw in all spice, nutmeg, ground cloves, and cinnamon)
1 egg
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp organic Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut flour (fun fact: coconut flour expands in moisture)
1-2 organic apples, sliced, for dipping

Blend together and pour into a 4 cup baking dish. I used a glass pyrex storage dish we have.
Bake at 350 until mostly done, about 25-30 minutes.

Slice apple and serve with the pudding for dipping!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I'm going to have to figure out a way to make it coconut free (I'm really sensitive to it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you may be able to leave the flour out, and use almond milk or thick canned or fresh milk with cream in place of coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete