I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Breakfast Banana Muffins & Strawberry-Kiwi-Banana Smoothies


We had some bananas, strawberries & kiwis leftover from our Bountiful Baskets baskets, and we're out of good fresh farm eggs, so what to make for breakfast?
These delicious Banana Muffins. Of course, I made them before realizing that E3 couldn't eat them, due to bananas. Sigh. So I gave her one of my chocolate muffins/cupcakes from a post or two ago.
I only had 2 Tbsp coconut flour left, I thought I'd had 4 Tbsp, oops. So I added 2 Tbsp Quinoa Flakes & 1/4 cup Sorghum Flour to make up for the lack of coconut flour. They turned out quit well! I even had enough to make a little "cake" in an oven safe bowl. I'm not sure the honey was necessary, the bananas might have sweetened them enough by itself.

The Smoothies were made with strawberries, kiwis, and bananas (none for E3), probiotic powder & hemp seeds for protein and Omegas, as well as many other nutrients that are found in hemp seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment