I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tapioca Pudding

MMM!! Did you know that Tapioca Pearls, also called boba, come from the cassava root? It's the easiest form of tapioca to find, but also comes in sticks, powder, flakes, etc. It's used for thickening liquid foods. It has a LOT of carbs.

We made some delicious tapioca this morning! E2 & BabyE liked it, but E1 didn't want to try it, so I didn't make him - more for me and the girls! I soaked the pearls overnight, per the instructions, then followed the back of the bag using Almond Milk instead of cow's milk.

2 comments:

  1. I love tapioca, and I love the idea of almond milk instead of cow milk. We need another playdate and you bring tapioca and the pecan roll quinoa. Sound god to you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete