I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quick and Easy Chocolate Cake in a Mug

I kept trying various cake in a mug, because if I make a whole cake, I WILL eat it. I found a couple that were close to what I wanted, but still didn't quite do it for me. So, one day, I realized a component of my favorite chocolate cake from Paleo Spirit had something most cakesmug called don't - coconut flour. It gives her chocolate cake the perfect texture. I added a tablespoon to the mug cake is made up and viola! Perfect! Yummy hot or cold!

Chocolate Mug Cake in a Bowl
2 TBSP almond flour (I use blanched from Honeyville)
1 TBSP coconut flour
1 TBSP cocoa or cacao powder
1 TBSP sweetener (honey, coconut sugar, etc)
1 egg
Pinch of baking soda
1 TBSP coconut oil plus some to grease bowl

Grease bowl and mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment