I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Motivated Moms

This isn't about food, but it's made such a big impact in my life, that I wanted to blog about it here.

I bought and started using the Motivated Moms Chore Planning System with Bible Reading. It has what chapters to read every day listed on the daily list.

It's AMAZING. I love it! My house is much more cleaned up regularly! And things I never do of my own volition are getting done - read fridge drawers cleaned out. We must have gotten the fridge we currently have when E2 was a baby (almost 4 years ago) because I found a stick of Blue Bonnet Light margarine behind the drawers, and that's about the last time I used it. *embarrassed*

Things I love about it:
-daily checklist
-includes monthy, biannual, and annual cleaning things like changing smoke detector batteries, cleaning fridge drawers, changing sheets (yes, I need a reminder for this), etc.
-not overwhelming, just one sheet for the week
-includes exercise, taking vitamins, reading to kids, etc.
-has extra spaces to add things, I added washing diapers and blogging to mine
-has awesome little boxes to check off when the task is complete
-if there's something you don't need to do, like wash the entryway rug, just cross it off!

It was only $8 for the whole year, plus a menu planning sheet. Totally worth it. I LOVE it and I'm so much more productive and focused!! If my home is chaotic, then I feel chaotic inside. I'm a much more pleasant and peaceful mother, with the direction I have from this list.

1 comment:

  1. I love that it is a week per sheet. It feels less overwhelming that way. It is a great system. The daily Bible readings are a great touch too.

    ReplyDelete