I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Garlic Lemonade

I'd heard of garlic lemonade about 5 years ago, but it sounded so weird and gross that I never tried it...until recently. I googled for a recipe and came up with Simply Blessed's website.
Since I didn't have the exact ingredients on hand, I modified it into my own recipe.

Garlic Lemonade
3 1/2 cup boiling water
2-4 Tbsp pureed/minced/pressed garlic
1/4 cup raw, local honey (you can always put more in, if you need - I eyeball it)
1/2 cup pure lemon juice (I can only find this at Costco. It's organic and a good deal, and JUST lemon juice)

Pour boiling water over garlic and honey, wait a little while and mix.
Add lemon juice & mix again.
Strain and drink. I just strain into a cup, a cup at a time.
You can leave the garlic pulp in it, if you'd like, but it's pretty potent!

No comments:

Post a Comment