I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Coconut Oil "Candies"

 They may not be the prettiest, 
but they certainly are the yummiest!

Courtesy of Holly, from my last post:

Coconut Oil "Candies"
1 cup cold press coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2 Tb. raw honey (I've made these without honey, it's not going to taste good unless you're used to no sweets)

1/4 t. sea salt (it was 1/2, but Holly said it was pretty salty, so I changed it to 1/4)
2-4 Tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used 3)
Flaked coconut - add to or roll the candy in it. I just added about a cup of coconut to mine.
(optional - 2Tbl. almond or nut butter) (do yourself a favor and ADD the PB! SOOO good

Mix until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper. Or put in mini muffin pan. Refrigerate. Eat.

1 comment: