I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quinoa Dish


This was super good. I had quinoa leftover from the night before, so I heated it with butter or coconut oil in a pan, then added quartered zucchini, halved little tomatoes, & chicken. Quinoa is a seed that has a good amount of protein, not as much as meat, but has lots of other good stuff.

To make quinoa:
Rinse very well, to get the bitter saponin off.
Lightly boil, covered, with chicken broth, water or a safe milk. (chicken broth for savory, water or milk to use as a sweet cereal type).
Take lid off after it's at a light, rolling boil/simmer, to boil off extra liquid.
Serve hot or cold, with seasonings (maple syrup & nuts, almond butter, salt & pepper, spices, etc.)

Use in place of hot cereal or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment