I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cauliflower "Rice" & Venison steak

Hmm, I seem to have misplaced the picture. Imagine creamy white "rice" and steaming steak, with spinach salad on the side.

Since going Primal/Paleo means no grains, including rice, I have seen people using cauliflower "rice" on their food blogs. Looked yummy & fun, so I tried it. It was yummy! Next time, I will add more butter and salt.

Just put small cut pieces of cauliflower in the food processor and pulse until the desired size. I heated mine in a pan, then added salt for seasoning. The next day, I added some butter and steak strips. Delicous!

For the steak, I just put them in a baking stone and baked in the oven on 350 for 20-25 minutes. Seasoned with homemade Herbamare.

No comments:

Post a Comment