I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Dinner

Not quite the typical St. Patrick's Day fare, but it'll do :) At least there's some green in it ;)

Do you know who St. Patrick was? I didn't until our kids got a Veggie Tales dvd that had his story on it. Wiki says:

Saint Patrick was a Romano-Briton and Christian missionary, who is the most generally recognized patron saint of Ireland or the Apostle of Ireland, although Brigid of Kildare and Colmcille are also formally patron saints.
If you'd like to know more, watch the Veggie Tales Sumo dvd or read more on wiki ;)

We had cubed steak, fried with salt and pepper, steamed/fried asparagus with hollandaise sauce (I used coconut oil instead of butter), and baked sweet and russett potatoes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment