I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dill & Lemon Salmon & Rice

Yum. I got this from the $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook. I modified it to my kitchen, since it called for poaching the salmon in the microwave, and we don't have one.

1 lb salmon
3 Tbsp lemon juice
rice
veggie, we had organic frozen green beans from costco

Heat 1/2-1 cup water with 3 Tbsp lemon juice and a sprinkle of dill, then add salmon, turning once. Cook until done. Remove from water.
Cook rice before or during poaching. I soak my rice for several hours (24 is best) with a splash of raw apple cider vinegar. Mix with a tad of EVOO and sprinkle dill on top after it's cooked.
Serve with cooked veggie (don't overcook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment