I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Perfect for a "Chili" Day

One of our favorite meals is Chili. It's super easy and super yummy.

1 128 oz diced tomatoes
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 lb beans - I do black and kidney (soaked 24 hours with a splash of apple cider vinegar, rinsed)
water to cover everything

Put all in a pot and cook on med-low until beans are cooked through. This can also be done in the crockpot.
Serve and add seasonings.
We like to put Chili Powder, salt and I just tried Cumin in it and it was very good!
I also top it with coconut oil or my "butter" to add fat to it. Since it's pretty lean, I find I get hungry soon after eating if I don't add a fat to help keep me satiated. (Excuse the appearance of the picture, I had already dug in :) )
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment