I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Holiday Baking...apparently

It seems I've come to the baking/cooking portion of my pregnancy long nesting. My friends have joked that I've been nesting my whole pregnancy, and except for first trimester, they're pretty much right. I'm LOVING it!! Especially as this is the last baby that we plan to have.
Anyway, I'm enjoying my last nesting spree. It's definitely getting harder as my belly gets bigger and I get tired more easily, but I'm getting stuff done and the kids and DH have been so helpful. E1 vacuums, E2 dusts and folds dishcloths and towels, & E3 throws things away....even the things I don't necessarily want thrown away, lol. They're all so sweet and helpful, I'm very blessed!

So, on the menu tonight - Paleo Pumpkin Bread, German Chocolate Cake & my regular gluten free bread. I almost didn't make the pumpkin bread, but then I found a very easy pumpkin pie spice recipe.

German Chocolate Cake by Enjoying Healthy Foods. I overcooked it a bit, but it's not burnt and the kids LOVE it! It'd be excellent with frosting, but I don't have the stuff or energy to make frosting, so we'll enjoy it without.

Pumpkin Bread by Enjoying Healthy Foods (I really like this blog, you should take some time to peruse it)

Amazing Gluten Free Bread by Thriving Without

Pictures (hopefully) to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment