I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gastritis

I had a gastritis attack on Tuesday. I couldn't be vertical for more than about 2-3 minutes before starting to feel like I might hurl, as well as dealing with intense stomach pain that didn't let up until late afternoon/early evening. It feels like labor, only without a break between contractions. I think I'd rather deal with labor. Thankfully, my husband was able to come home early to take care of our family. I was recovered yesterday, with what felt like trapped air in my abdomen, rather painful, but a relief from the day before.
I took three activated charcoal capsules, a cup of slippery elm bark tea and half a cup of marshmallow tea (after spilling almost the whole jar of marshmallow root onto clean dishes) over the day to help absorb whatever toxins or irritants that were in my system. I have no idea what triggered it or why it happened. I'm thinking it must be from detoxing from the foods I'm sensitive to.

I've been noticing over the last 9 days that my stomach is a bit finicky. I can't drink very much while eating or I feel full and uncomfortable. I can't eat a lot at once, either, or my stomach doesn't feel good. I'm currently not feeling very good, because I think I overate, even though I didn't feel full. My theory is my stomach is trying to heal and figuring out exactly how to do that and digest properly, so there are some kinks being worked out after who knows how many years of being damaged.

E4 stopped sleeping well a week ago, but slept through the night again last night! (Praise the Lord!) She's pooping a lot and that's what she does when her tummy is recovering. So, while gross, it's good. I believe she's teething and may have a little cold and thus the not sleeping well the last week. I was afraid the new diet wasn't working afterall, but it seems to just be regular teething woes. I forgot that could happen. :)

Continuing onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment