I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Plum Syrup & tomato free BBQ Sauce

Oh. My. Yum.
This is amazing. I didn't intend on trialing plums, bitin was making this for my sweet kiddos and somehow a little syrup ends up in my mouth. I can't quite remember if it had fallen on t finger or what, but clearly, it wanted to be eaten.
And wow.

I just made a cut in each overripe mini plum, pulled out the pit and pulled off the stem, plopped in a pot and let them simmer covered for a hour or two. I sort of forgot about them. Oops. But a yummy oops!

Them I poured them into my omniblend and added about 1/4 cup coconut sugar. They probably didn't need the coconut sugar. Blended and it was pretty thick, so I added some water and blended again. Possibly 1/2-1 cup of water. I didn't measure. Aren't you impressed with how exact I am in syrup making?

I'm thinking pancakes and eggs for dinner, so my family can find out how AMAZING this syrup is!

Update: It was amazing warm, then tasted more like ketchup cold. So I tried it putting it on the chicken I was baking. AMAZING BBQ sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment