I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hamburgers, Eggs & Zucchini

For supper the other night, we had mini hamburgers from organic beef I got at Costco - it wasn't as good as the grassfed beef we just ran out of from our portion of a cow last year. Bummer.
Anyway, I fried them, then in the drippings, fried some farm fresh eggs, I get locally, to put on top. Delicious!!
To round out the meal, I fried Zucchini slices in Coconut Oil with a little salt. SOOO delicious!!!
The picture isn't very appetizing, but it tasted really good.

And last night, we had dinner at my parents. Delicious grass-fed beef hamburgers (no buns for us), sauteed in olive oil aka EVOO mushrooms, avocado slices, tomato slices, mayo & mustard. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment