I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Most amazing chocolate pudding evah! Also Chocolate Ice Cream.

I've tried lots of dairy free chocolate puddings. This is THE one!! AND it freezes into the most delectable smooth, creamy, fudgy ice cream. I make this in huge batches, like 8-12 aocados at a time.
1 avocado
1/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey (more or less to taste
2-4 Tbsp water, if needed.

Bigger batch:
6 avocados
1 cup honey
1 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
1 cup water

Blend in food processor. My blender, powerful though it is, isn't powerful enough to blend this thoroughly. Even the Vitamix had problems and I couldn't get every last morsel out. Food processor is the way to go. Of course, don't NOT make it, if you don't have a FP.

Chill or freeze over night.
Marvel at the amazingness that is in your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. We use Coconut milk, vanilla and ice in this (instead of water) and LOVE it!! One of our fav.s!!

    ReplyDelete