I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fat Bombs

Fat Bombs - a weird name for a delicious treat

Fat Bombs were created to give a little satiety and blood sugar boost, and possibly a chocolate fix when you really need one. They're delicious and quite nutritious! An easy way to get that oh so good for you coconut oil in! (Carrington Farms oil is available at Costco for a very reasonable price, and is a good brand!)

In food processor, add:
12oz coconut flakes or shreds
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil

Process until it starts to look a little wet - that's the oil separating from the coconut. You don't want it to separate too much, or all the chewy stuff will be on the bottom and you'll have a layer of oil on the top, which isn't super pleasant to eat. Or maybe that's just me and my texture issues ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment